How To Answer This Tricky Question…
I have yet to meet a coach, therapist or holistic practitioner who had an easy time answering the tricky question, “What do you do?”
In fact, just the other day, I asked that question of a woman I’d just met and her reply was an exasperated,
“OMG, I HATE having to answer that question. I NEVER know what to say!”
Have you ever felt that way?
Would you like a simple “What do you do?” Answer Template that can . . .
- give you a structure you can remember
- help you feel confident and clear
- make the person you’re meeting see you as a sought-after expert
Here’s my “What do you do?” Answer Template:
1. _______s (your Specific Client – pick just ONE, not a list)
2. Hire me to help them overcome __________ (the Pressing Problems your clients SAY they have when they begin working with you – in their words)
3. So they can _________ (Desired Result your clients want).
4. Want to hear a little story about how this happened for my client _____ (name of one of your successful clients)?
5. When they nod YES, tell a short success story of a client as similar as possible to the person you’re speaking to.
Here’s my example of how this might sound.
Therapists hire me to help them overcome working too hard for too little money so they can earn more money in less time and actually help their clients more.
Want to hear the a little story of how this worked for my client Annie?
When Annie came to me, she was about to give up on her business – which was helping adults live a happy life, and give up on her own dream of someday owning a horse property.
Annie was struggling to get and keep clients and she’d only earned $20,000 the year before.
She was on the verge of getting a job stacking shelves in the supermarket when we started working together.
I helped Annie create a High Impact Program that invited her clients to make a bigger commitment – of their time, their motivation and their money.
Because of the structure of her program, Annie was able to actually deliver more value, give her clients more life-changing tools . . . but because Annie automated some of her program, she didn’t spend as much time working or seeing clients.
Annie has brought in over $10,000 a month for the last 5 months and is on track to earn $120,000 in 2016.
She even recently told me that it’s MUCH easier to sell her High Impact Programs than it ever was to sign a client up for single sessions.
So, that’s what I help my clients do.
I’d love to hear how this template works for you! Leave a comment below and let me know 🙂